LOOKING FOR OUR
St. Peter’s, Halliwell, Bolton in the Diocese of Manchester
St Peter’s is a large, vibrant, evangelical parish on the edge of Bolton. We are four churches who each have their own identity, with a single Parochial Church Council and a big, unifying vision – to transform Bolton together in Jesus’ name.
Our vicar has recently retired after 17 years with us, leaving behind an enthusiastic parish with a large staff team, active and gifted lay leadership and a wide variety of well-established ministries and mission to our community.
We’re looking for someone dynamic who will seek and develop God’s vision for St. Peter’s Parish and take us forward into a new season. We have lots of strengths to build on, but we are hungry to grow and we are ready to be challenged and to do things differently. We don’t just want to maintain the status quo; we want to grow God’s Kingdom.
We want someone to ‘dream big’ with us, to help us grow in our whole-life discipleship and be more intentional in drawing in those on the fringes of our church. We want to develop our digital presence and transform how we use our buildings for outreach. We want to equip our congregations to share faith on their front lines. We want to find out how God wants us to grow in other new and exciting directions.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about taking our church from where it is to where it needs to be. We are excited and expectant as we move towards a new season in our life as a parish.
Our parish needs a new vicar who is led by the Holy Spirit; a man or woman with the confidence to lead, and the humility to listen.
We envisage that the new vicar must:
- Be an evangelical with a deep personal conviction in the truth and authority of the Bible and who is open to God’s leading through His Spirit.
- Be recognised as an excellent, Bible-based preacher and teacher, creative and contemporary in their communication.
- Have an infectious enthusiasm which encourages the church and maintains unity in the fellowship whilst moving forward together.
- Have prayer at the heart of all they do and will encourage the Church in all aspects of prayer.
- Be an experienced leader, either within an evangelical church or in a relevant context.
- Sees the importance and value of children, young people, young adults and families and has a heart and vision to grow and develop their discipleship.
- Be comfortable with and have experience of developing “every member ministry” within a church, encouraging members to develop and use their gifts in God’s service, in all aspects of church life including leading services, preaching and teaching.
- Be comfortable with the existing informal styles of service across the parish and enthusiastic about developing our contemporary worship together.
Please browse our website and view our services online to get to know us better.
Could God be calling you to join us to work together building His kingdom in Bolton?
For further information, please contact our Patrons.
Closing date: Sunday 10th April 2022
DBS enhanced disclosure is required