Parish Centre's Jubilee Heritage
The parish centre, formerly the Jubilee School, has a room called the ‘Jubilee Room’.
We thought that the Jubilee School was probably erected to mark Queen Victoria’s jubilee, but we noticed this plaque which shows that it actually relates King George III’s Golden Jubilee in 1809.
Our former vicar, Roger Oldfield, reminded us that the building was extended and refurbished (around 2000) to the glory of God, but it’s also interesting to remember all the Christian teaching that went on in the building prior to that.
This recollection, written by Marjorie Howarth (probably in the late 1990’s) shares her memories: